How to Build a sustainable Wardrobe
In today’s time where on a daily basis we are fighting the many environmental crisis, building a new sustainable wardrobe is a great start. with the right tips and tricks, it is very easy to have a slow fashion, sustainable wardrobe.
What is the meaning of a Sustainable Wardrobe?
A sustainable wardrobe means owning a piece of clothing that is long-lasting, durable, sustainable over time, fashion trends with low wear and tear.
These items of clothing are manufactured using eco-friendly raw materials and processes reducing your carbon footprint.
It is not easy to change your wardrobe overnight, here are some tips that will help you to build a sustainable wardrobe over time.
1) Educate Yourself
- The first step is educating yourself.
- Read Blogs, Watch documentaries, or short films on sustainability.
- What is sustainability? How does it make a difference? How will clothing choices save the planet?
2) Make Smarter Choices
- Shop items that are eco-friendly, biodegradable, durable, have a low carbon footprint
- Read about products before buying. Know the brand, where they come from, what raw materials are being used.
- Fabrics that consume less water for cultivation are more eco-friendly like Hemp, Tencel, Bamboo, etc.
- Make informed decisions and be a smart shopper.
3) Look For Quality Over Quantity
- It is much better to buy a dress that is a little expensive but can be worn for years rather than 10 cheap dresses that start falling apart after 10 washes.
- Sustainable, eco-friendly, organic fabrics all might be slightly overpriced than fast fashion. but they are in investment. They will last longer.
- Invest in quality over quantity
4) Shop For Trans-Seasonal Clothes
- What is Trans-Seasonal? Fashion that is all season wear. That takes you from summer to spring to winter and lasts you more than just one season.
- Invest in good pair of jeans, tees, blazer or some everyday dresses made from good durable fabric.
- Climate plays a very important role when you are aiming to stay sustainable. Consider the weather change and buy clothes that you are going to wear across seasons,
Have we helped you make a #BetterChoice?
Small Steps in life lead to larger goal. Take these steps, Invest in a sustainable wardrobe and save the planet.
Check out our 100% eco-friendly fabrics collection and take one step closer to your sustainable wardrobe!