Natural Fabrics - The Future of Textiles
What are Natural fabrics? When yarns are woven together we make a large piece of cloth or fabric.
Natural yarns are the ones that are made from the stalks of plants, leaves, trees etc. and therefore are decomposable. Synthetic yarns are made from synthetic fibres like plastic therefore making them non-decomposable.
All 100% natural fabrics are soft on the skin, comfortable, durable, eco-friendly, biodegradable and sustainable. Here’s highlighting a few of these benefits
- Natural fabrics are super soft, comfortable, easy on the skin
- Natural Fabrics have high absorption quality, making them very breathable and easy to wear
- The unique moisture-wicking ability allows ventilation through the garment to dry the dampness that is caused due to sweating avoids the discomfort and itchiness
- That’s why fabrics like cotton, hemp, linen or bamboo are very comfortable for extremely hot days
- Natural fabrics are naturally hypoallergenic having unique antibacterial properties
- Hemp has inherent antibacterial properties and is also UV protective
- Bamboo has a unique anti-microbial bio-agent called “Bamboo Kun”
- Thus making natural fabrics wearable for all kinds of sensitive skins
- The process of growing, cultivating and processing of natural fabrics is more eco-friendly than synthetic fabrics. Fabrics like hemp and bamboo and more eco-friendly than others
- Natural fabrics have a longer life. They are able to withstand more wear and tear than synthetic fabrics making them more durable, longer lasting and sustainable
- Natural fabrics are biodegradable and compostable, that means after wear and tear they can be put in to the soil for decomposition
There are many reasons to choose synthetic – they are cheap, easy, fast fashion etc. But in today’s time when we all are making changes in our lives for a cleaner and greener future, we have to make the #BetterChoice.
Switching to natural fabrics is one of the steps that we all can adopt and move from fast to slow fashion for our future.
We have a range of 100% natural fabrics in various blends. Check them out and let us know what you think!